PVC Injection Moulding
PVC or Polyvinyl Chloride is strong, durable and lightweight and incredibly cost effective material. It is also an extremely safe material as it is non-toxic and fire resistant.
PVC is produced in two ways:
- uPVC is an unplasticised polymer which is rigid and commonly used in construction for doors, windows and conservatories.
- PVC is softer and more bendable with the addition of plasticisers and used as to create seals, insulation for electrical wires, flooring and can be used in certain circumstances as a replacement for rubber.
Benefits of PVC
- It doesn’t corrode and is long lasting making it perfect for outdoor applications.
- It is non-toxic which means it can be used in medical and food industries.
- PVC is accessible and cheap to buy.
- It has a very good tensile strength.
- As a thermoplastic is can be heated to melting point and reheated with little degradation, which means it can be recycled.